[Open-access] Crowdsourcing request + BMJ OA Policy

Vladimir Blagoderov vblago at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:01:27 UTC 2014

Dear Mike,

I agree with you on almost everything. Perhaps I should have said
""versioning" is completely unacceptable for taxonomic literature under
current code". Yes, rules can be changed, and should be changed, however,
until it is done we must follow them. It is possible to implement
versioning, but it needs universal acceptance. What happens if in version 2
you and Darren decide to change diagnosis and, thus, circumscription of the
taxon? Should not it be a new name if it is a new entity? Nobody can decide
it unilaterally

Cheers,

Vlad

--