[Open-access] [open-science] Elsevier: some facts, by Tim Gowers

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:51:29 UTC 2014

Awesome! is this spreadsheet being kept up to date by you Stuart? I am
going to also assume I can share this widely. Let me know if I am wrong in
that assumption.

Would be really nice to get NPG's numbers (even if estimates) and in fact,
of entire Macmillan.

Other random, quick observations. Profit margins don't seem to be
correlated with evilness. One of the most reviled publishers (at least from
"n" of 1) has a very slim margin. Two very respected publishers have
reasonable to low margins, etc.

Many thanks again.