[Open-access] call for papers

Bjoern Brembs b.brembs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:10:51 UTC 2014

++++++++++++++++
Call for papers
Special issue: "Beyond literature: a scholarly infrastructure for text, data and software"

Submission deadline: Jan. 15, 2015

In this special issue, we are collecting scholarly articles on how a digital scholarly institutional infrastructure ought to be implemented today: which functionalities do we have at our disposal and which still need to be developed? The issue will cover the areas text/literature, data, code and integrative aspects. Potential topics include but are not limited to content mining, per article publishing costs, quality assurance and peer review as an article-level (rather than a journal-based) service, academic software management, integrating text, data and code, forecasting future impact from current usage data, as well as articles outlining the technical and legal options for automatically filling institutional repositories with already published literature, interconnecting all existing repositories and any/all other options which would allow libraries to minimize the detrimental effects of subscription cancellations on article accessibility.

The following scholars have already agreed to contribute to this this special issue: Heather Morrison, Peter Murray-Rust, Martin Paul Eve, Joanna Richardson, Jens Klump and Gernot Deinzer.

Submission instructions: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/publications/special_issues/marketing-publishing

--
Björn Brembs