[Open-access] Inviting suggestions for "getting started with Open Science" for a session in Open Access Week

Bill Mills mills.wj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:56:17 UTC 2014

Hi Kshitiz,

There are several projects out there that are collecting a lot of resources
to describe the current projects, players and ideas in open science; a
couple of the ones that came across my desk are:

A collection of philosophies and practices representing the state of the
art in open access and reproducible research:
https://github.com/camillescott/oarr-compendium/tree/gh-pages

A forthcoming paper on getting started in open science that got its start
at Codefest recently:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/osmanuscript

These are just the ones that have come across my desk at the Mozilla
Science Lab in the past few days - looking forward to what else you come up
with; get in touch with me offlist and I'd be happy to feature your project
on the MSL blog soon!

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM, kshitiz khanal <khanal1990 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Dreamers,
>
> Open Knowledge Community in Nepal is planning a half-a-day session for
> researchers and students to help them get started with Open Science /
> Collaborative R&D / Open Access as a part of Open Access Week celebrations
> here.
>
> Assuming the audience knows almost nothing about the topics, we are
> planning a session that will entice them to try openness in science.
>

> Please suggest examples of success in Open Science, tools to get started,
> methods, or anything at all that will help a beginner level or lay audience
> in Open Science.
>
> -Kshitiz Khanal
> Open Knowledge, Nepal

Best Regards,