[Open-access] Open Access to Research Data – Timeline

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Apr 30 12:22:57 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

As part of our work for the PASTEUR4OA Project
<http://www.pasteur4oa.eu/> Open Knowledge will be writing a briefing
paper on Open Access to research data, to form one in a series of
advocacy papers. Sharing the raw data behind published outputs is a key
complementary activity to Open Access and the paper will give an
overview of the benefits, challenges, policy developments and European
Commission directions in this area.

We will be including a simple visual European timeline showing key
dates, initiatives and documents in the move towards Open Access to
research data. As (due to space) the briefing paper timeline will be far
from comprehensive and will require significant cuts quite a lot of my
findings will end up on the cutting room floor ;-)I I thought it might
be useful to share these with you and also ask if there are any
significant events that have been missed!
http://access.okfn.org/2015/04/30/open-access-to-research-data-timeline/

Thanks

Marieke
--

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |