[Open-access] [open-science] How do you evaluate Open Access Journals?

William Gunn william.gunn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:08:10 UTC 2015

Start with listing in DOAJ and then get a group of stakeholders including
currently active scientists in the field to go through and read a few
articles published in the journals. That should make it pretty clear,
because the bad actors don't publish mostly good stuff and some bad - it's
nearly all bad.

Some bad actors re-publish stuff that appears elsewhere, which is why you
should start with DOAJ and follow up with iThenticate or Crosscheck, but
really, it's pretty easy to tell the scammers from the real ones.

William Gunn
+1 (650) 614-1749
http://synthesis.williamgunn.org/about/