[Open-access] How to Block Readcube and Why -

Couture Marc marc.couture at teluq.ca
Sun Mar 22 20:54:46 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I realize there was an misleading statement in my previous post. The second sentence should be reformulated as follows:

The -NC condition just means that you need to be, or have been authorized by, the owner of the commercial rights to sell it.

For instance, in the case of Elsevier’s open access articles, because the license granted by the author is exclusive, the publisher becomes the sole owner of the commercial rights. Thus, even if the author remains the copyright owner, he or she loses in great part the control over the article that copyright ownership normally entails.

Marc Couture