[Open-access] [open-science] Fast-forward peer review for a fee

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Tue Mar 31 15:17:20 UTC 2015

Amy,

Many thanks for communicating with us.

So far as I am concerned, the objectivity of Scientific Reports is fatally
compromised by this initiative. Once one class of authors is able to pay
for the privilege of getting more favourable treatment in peer-review, this
at the very least invites the conclusion that that it will lead to other
forms of pay-for-favour. It's against everything that a credible scholarly
publisher should stand for. I urge you to end this experiment immediately,
before the damage to your reputation becomes irreparable.

-- Mike.