[open-archaeology] National standards for archeological data (DRAFT)

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Sat Jan 23 22:40:00 UTC 2010

Hi,
as per my previous e-mail [1], I've started drafting a set of questions
about archaeological data coming from excavations and field research in
general, catalogues, museums and possibly other environments still to
add. I know that for someone accustomed to very liberal countries some
question are going to sound ridiculous, but given that the scope of this
Working Group is international, we have to face such differences.

You can find my draft on the wiki as a subpage:
http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/archaeology/nationalstandards

Ideally, once the whole set (or just a defined subset) of questions is
complete, we can start to look for answers for each country (or region
where regional laws may apply).

Please contribute with ideas here or directly on the wiki.

Best regards,
steko

[1] for those who got subscribed in the meantime:
        http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-archaeology/2010-January/000000.html

--
Stefano Costa

Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology
http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/archaeology
The Open Knowledge Foundation
http://www.okfn.org