[open-archaeology] THATCamp London 2010

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Tue Jun 1 14:10:16 UTC 2010

http://thatcamplondon.org/2010/05/announcement-developers/

Sounds quite interesting. I do appreciate a lot the focus on data. It's
no coincidence that the King's Centre for Computing in Humanities has
been producing two of the very few datasets about antiquity that are
available under an open license.

Unfortunately, I cannot be there - I'm leaving for Crete the day after.
If someone is going, please let us know, we still have some time to
think about a cool proposal, like "A registry of knowledge for
antiquity: CKAN" ...

> Have you a cool new way to give Humanities researchers access to
> digital resources? Here is a chance to show the Digital Humanities
> community what you can do.
>
> There will be a Developer’s Challenge as a part of the DH2010/THATCamp
> London this year. It will be an opportunity for you, as a developer of
> software in the Digital Humanities, to show off your ideas for new
> ways that digital humanities data can be exploited. The focus will be
> on a prototype application that breaks down barriers between
> humanities scholars and digital materials in new ways.
>
> We are encouraging a few Humanities data providers to provide
> materials that you can exploit. A list of available datasets will be
> made available on the THATCamp London website in early June.
> Information on how to access the datasets will eventually be made
> available on this page also.

Ciao,
Stefano

--
Stefano Costa

Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology
http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/archaeology
The Open Knowledge Foundation
http://www.okfn.org · http://opendefinition.org/