[open-archaeology] Invitation to GnewArchaeology – FreeSoftware, OpenData and OpenKnowledge in Archaeology

domenico giusti guiist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:34:11 UTC 2011

Dear Theodora,

the "DayofArchaeology" project might be worth mentioning. It's an
outcome of twitter during the DayofDigitalHumanities in March. A couple
of archaeologists thought it's a good idea to tell the world what
archaeology is really about by asking those working in archaeology to
report on their work during one day . We chose the 29th of July and
more than 400 archaeologist from all over the world contributed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license.

For more info cf. http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/about-the-project/

For further details you best ask Lorna Richardson (UCL /CBA London)
l.richardson at ucl.ac.uk

Best

Kai
___________________________________
Prof. Dr. phil. Kai-Christian Bruhn
Interdisciplinary Applications of
Spatial Information and Surveying Technology
i3mainz - Institute for Spatial Information
and Surveying Technology
Department for Geoinformatics and Surveying
FH Mainz, University of Applied Sciences
Lucy-Hillebrand-Str. 2

D-55128 Mainz
Tel.:	+49 6131 628-1433
Fax:	+49 6131 629-9-1433