[open-archaeology] Method Store

Anthony Beck A.R.Beck at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 12:13:40 UTC 2011

Hi Leif,

Glad you like :-)

Response in line

Best wishes,

Ant

[Ant] Not specifically. Depends on up-take
If so the domain looks too generic
> to me. If not, this is an enormous (but worthwhile?) task.
[Ant] Aiming high :-) Although content will change this. Getting content is probably going to be the biggest barrier

> - Re Digital Humanities specifically, Stuart Dunn is keen to do
> something very similar with the data from the Methods Network
> programme (http://methodsnetwork.ac.uk/ although the server seems to
> be down at the moment). You should get in touch with him if you aren;t
> already. Likewise, the ESF-funded NediMAH programme is planning to
> create very similar content which clearly needs to be integrated in
> some way (preferably w/o copy paste).
[Ant] There's the rub.

Any thoughts on how we might
> work that? I suppose the big question here is , how do we make these
> initiatives (and others) play well together rather than build
> centralised portals?
[Ant] Agree. Inevitably these will evolve. Some will gain traction and some will wither and die. I've not really given this thought, but it does need thinking about.

The good news is that they're all open data
> though (I think) so at least we shouldn't have to struggle too hard
> over licensing issues.
[Ant] :-D