[open-archaeology] Best Practices for Archaeological Organizations

Colleen Morgan clmorgan at gmail.com
Sun May 13 01:48:33 UTC 2012

Hello all,

After getting together some multimedia/social media outreach for the
World Archaeological Congress, I was once again struck by how few
archaeologists know the ins-and-outs of copyright and when fair use
applies, etc. I am consequently putting together a Best Practices for
Online Content document (emphasizing openness obviously), but I was
wondering if anyone had something similar that I could crib from in
the process. The Creative Commons website is good, but obviously not
archaeology-specific. Any ideas? Would anyone be interested in
collaborating with me to make a more generic document to suggest to
our other recalcitrant societies?

Cheers,

Colleen
--