[open-archaeology] CAA? SAA?

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Fri Apr 12 19:33:20 UTC 2013

Hello all,
I've been pretty much silent lately but this message is not about that.
Perhaps you've guessed from the subject that I'm curious about the
extent and depth in which archaeological data and open data were
presented and discussed at some recent major conferences like CAA
(Perth) and SAA (Honolulu).

CAA had the privilege to feature a keynote speech by Eric Kansa. I'm
sure Eric touched on such topics given his work but somehow I hope there
was more than one keynote! Also, what about the CAA Recycle Award?

I've been seeing some data-related discussion from SAA on Twitter but
again I would love to hear more from those of you who had a chance to go
to Honolulu.

Have a nice weekend
steko