[open-archaeology] Journal of Open Archaeology Data

Samuel Moore samuel.moore at ubiquitypress.com
Mon Dec 16 17:02:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that the Journal of Open Archaeology Data currently seeks peer-reviewers, editorial board members and authors for the coming year. Please do get in touch if you'd like to get involved! You can visit the site here: http://openarchaeologydata.metajnl.com/

The journal features peer-reviewed data papers describing archaeology datasets with high reuse potential. A data paper is a publication that is designed to make other researchers aware of open data that is of potential use to them. As such, it describes the methods used to create the dataset, its structure, its reuse potential, and a link to its location in a repository. It is important to note that a data paper does not replace a research article, but rather complements and links to it.

I'd be especially keen to hear how the list feels we could be better serving the community and attracting/encouraging archaeologists outside the open data community too. I'd also be interested to hear whether there are any important repositories missing from our list: http://openarchaeologydata.metajnl.com/about/editorialPolicies#custom-0

Please do get in touch if you have any questions or comments.

All the best,

Sam

Samuel Moore
samuel.moore at ubiquitypress.com

Managing Editor, Ubiquity Press,
Panton Fellow in Open Data, Open Knowledge Foundation,
PhD Student, Dept. Digital Humanities, King's College London,