[open-archaeology] Open Data Licences and the Heritage Lottery Fund (great guidance but recommend the NC clause) - lobbying activity

Jessica Ogden jessogdogg at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:01:25 UTC 2013

Hi all -

Really quickly as I'm in a meeting all day - this is all looking good, and
really great to see as this has been something that has concerned me for a
while as well.

In Jan. OKFN posted on this topic, and as far as I remember some a
German-based group put together and translated a guidance document on the
risks of NC license models found here:
http://blog.okfn.org/2013/01/08/consequences-risks-and-side-effects-of-the-license-module-non-commercial-use-only-2/

I think it's relevant here, and could really use some additional guidance
(of this sort) of the specific ramifications for cultural heritage
applications as well.

Sorry for the quick response - wil read thoroughly and add more later as I
get more time to look it over! Thanks all..

Best,
Jess