[open-archaeology] CyArk, Open Access and Creative Commons licenses

Anthony Beck A.R.Beck at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 16:32:10 UTC 2013

This debacle is already being considered by some in a commissioning and curatorial position. From those I have spoken to I tend to see the desire to be fully open under standard licences. The position adopted by CyArk is disingenous and may become a problematic position in the medium/long term as issues of trust/provenance/credibility surrounding re-use are better understood.

best