[open-bibliography] comprehensive bibliographic database of "open" resources?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Aug 16 19:11:25 UTC 2010

Ian Ibbotson wrote:
> I know it's *terribly* old fashioned... and I hate to sound like a
> broken 8 track... but index data still maintain an amazing registry of
> all the openly searchable bibliographic databases using IRSpy at
> http://irspy.indexdata.com/. The data is open in the sense that anyone
> can search it, [...]

which isn't really open at all in a useful way for Open Knowledge IMO.
It might only be "look but don't touch".  From what I remember, MARC21
doesn't contain a tag that specifies the licensing terms of a record,
does it?

If I've forgotten/overlooked it, can we build something on top of
index data's registry to search/show which terms have been found in a
database?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software