[open-bibliography] comprehensive bibliographic database of "open" resources?

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Aug 16 23:41:57 UTC 2010

Quoting Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk>:

> I had not realised till I started this Open Bibliography project
> #jiscopenbib how awful and confused the state of serials (journals)
> biblilography was. I am appalled and angry about the way that academia has
> handed over its property for serials bibliography - or allowed it to be
> stolen.

This is what the BKN project is about: providing tools to capture that
serials bibliography:
   http://www.bibkn.org/

I assume Jim Pitman is on vacation or he probably would have answered
this himself. They have grant money to further the work, you should
probably contact him via the web site.

kc

--
Karen Coyle