[open-bibliography] comprehensive bibliographic database of "open" resources?

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Tue Aug 17 05:58:07 UTC 2010

  Jim Pitman writes

> I have been offline a few days and only just read Peter's post. Of
> course, it was precisely his sentiments exactly which motiviated the
> BKN project.

  The BKN project has also sponsored http://3lib.org, which is a side
  project to collect those sources that are already there, such as
  CiteSeer, DBLP, PubMed, RePEc etc. The main function of that dataset
  is to feed AuthorClaim at http://authorclaim.org. In the summer I
  have been working on a robot to extract CrossRef data from
  AuthorClaim profiles. It's not released yet. Work on these unfunded
  activities is slow but it is not affected by funding uncertainties.
  I have been working on these issues for many years within the RePEc
  project.

  Help would certainly be welcome. I am particularly interested in
  separate initiatives run by others with the prospect of exchanging
  data. I understand that the JISC openbib project has some serials
  data but my question here to know when this will be available has
  gone unanswered.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1