[open-bibliography] URNs for National Bib Numbers

Deliot, Corine Corine.Deliot at bl.uk
Fri Dec 10 15:59:29 UTC 2010

BNB data has been provided in an open structure to enable
experimentation.

The British Library is investigating various platform options for
hosting the BNB and other datasets as Linked Open Data. Future releases
of the BNB will include persistent identifiers based on the BNB number
and we are concerned that the premature assignment of URNs may prejudice
this activity.

Corine

Metadata Standards Analyst
The British Library