[open-bibliography] eprints.ecs.soton CC0

Christopher Gutteridge cjg at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 14:34:00 UTC 2010

We'll make a more formal announcement later, but we've decided to make
the ECS EPrints repository eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk have a completely
open RDF license. (CC0). This also covers our other "departmental
infrastructure RDF" such as projects, people, etc.

It does *not* cover eprints.soton.ac.uk (the main university EPrints
repository), which moves more slowly and carefully. It does *not* cover
the documents in the repository.

I think our license is please-attribute: We don't make any legal
requirement on you to do so, but it'd be nice if you could attribute our
data to us, unless it's a bother in which case don't worry about it.

Hopefully this will help other places make the case for opening up data,
where appropriate.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

/ Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/