[open-bibliography] More verbs. Electronic 'Items' (Yes, another FRBR thread)

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Mon Jul 12 16:46:16 UTC 2010

On 10-07-12 12:29, graham wrote:
> I would like to have some way to
> identify these texts as coming from a particular original (the internet
> archive is mostly extremely good at maintaining the camera metadata for
> its scans, so there is a solid starting point), but also to identify the
> series of processes it has been through after that.
>
> Are there any existing ways to handle this kind of thing? None of my
> ideas for creating hashes of data + organization name as unique version
> identifiers seem to hold up :-( I really don't believe attempting to
> catalogue all the variants is either possible or desireable, surely each
> version needs to be self-describing, not listed in a single place.

Sounds like the OPMV vocabulary might be useful, it deals
with Artifacts and Processes operating on Artifacts (controlled
by Agents).

http://open-biomed.sourceforge.net/opmv/ns.html

There is support in ORDF for this, see for example,
http://ordf.org/schema/ordf where the opmv:wasGeneratedBy
is filled in by the python process that imports a text file
into the database -- and in this case doesn't perform any
transformations but could well do.

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/