[open-bibliography] Bulk importing data to Bibliographica?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jun 11 17:49:58 UTC 2010

Leading fairy tale scholar Jack Zipes has kindly donated several large
bibliographies for a new project called the Synoptic Folktale Index,
based on the Bibliographica technology.

  http://jonathangray.org/files/bibliographica/

We're planning to work with researchers in this area to convert these
bibliographies into a spreadsheet -- so we can bulk import them into
an instance of Bibliographica.

In the first instance, what fields will we need in the spreadsheet
(required and optional) so that folks can add things?

Here are a couple of examples of the kinds of things we have in the
bibliographies we've currently got in DOC format:

  * Aitchison, Jean. The Seeds of Speech: Language Origin and
Evolution. Cambridge: Cambridge
University Press, 1996.
  * Anderson, Graham. Fairytale in the Ancient World. London: Routledge, 2000.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation