[open-bibliography] New group for bibliographic data on CKAN

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 1 22:23:24 UTC 2010

Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

> CKAN has a full RESTful API and search interface that talks JSON.

Marvellous!  I am so relieved to learn that.
Now a question is: how happy you are with the tools you have in place for managing this sort of data?
There is a lot of data in this vein which partners in the BKN project should be glad to contribute.
I would be glad to work with okfn to find maintainers on this data.
BKN offers a standard,
 BibJSON  http://www.bibkn.org/bibjson/index.html
intended to rigorize JSON export formats such as
<http://ckan.net/api/search/package?groups=bibliographic&all_fields=1>
without going to a full RDF implementation which BKN partners find too heavy for immediate applications.
I would welcome contributions to the development and maintenance of BibJSON from any of the
participants in this group. Please follow up with http://groups.google.com/group/bibjson if you are interested.
Many thanks

--Jim
Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860