[open-bibliography] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] University of Ghent LibraryCatalogues: Open or Not?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Mar 26 10:44:49 UTC 2010

On 26 March 2010 10:36, Christopher Gutteridge <cjg at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> All good, but what guidance should we put in the default config file? I'll
> happily put some links in, but I'm only beginning to get engaged with the
> "Open" community. (as oppose to the lower-case-o open)

As I understand it, you are dealing with the licensing of what is in
essence bibliographic metadata. As such my main recommendation is that
you do pretty much what you were doing already :) That is you offer
users the three main "open" license choices for data:

Public Domain: PDDL or CCZero
Attribution: ODC-by - "http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/by/";
Attribution-Sharealike: ODbL - "http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/";

Regards,

Rufus

PS: I am going to be away from email for ~ week starting this afternoon ...