[open-bibliography] OKFN blog: Bibliographica, an Introduction

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sun May 23 17:23:33 UTC 2010

William, et al -

I took a quick look at some of the data, and there are what I would
consider some errors that should be corrected. As an example, FRBR
"manifestation" is not a resource type -- but text is. (Any
manifestation has inherent in it the two FRBR levels Work and
Expression, so there really isn't any such thing as a Manifestation on
its own.) Also note that IFLA has registered FRBR provisionally at
http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/5.html. What it lacks at
the moment is an official URI (they are quibbling about the domain
name), but I can let you know when that happens. The IFLA version of
FRBR in RDF should be considered the authoritative one.

Also, the Metadata Registry has RDF properties for hundreds of
bibliographic fields. I could help identify the ones needed for
Bibliographica if you'd like.

kc

--
Karen Coyle