[open-bibliography] OKFN blog: Bibliographica, an Introduction

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Fri May 28 19:49:43 UTC 2010

>> I've been in contact
>> with OL people, but to date the cost of OL/BibKN cooperation has exceeded the apparent benefits.
>
> Yes, they've got to be one of the most insular "open" organizations around.

They've been this way from the start, when they told participants in
the first meeting we could blog about it. They were afraid, I think,
of Google. Whatever.

It's got nothing but worse since then. Having defended them for years,
and supported them whenever I could--certainly in my attacks on OCLC,
and not incidentally with data--I've almost given up on them.

Tim