[open-bibliography] Licensing openbiblio.net Re: Principles on Open Bibliographic Data

Adrian Pohl ad.pohl at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 16 19:20:49 UTC 2010

Hello,

until now there's no concrete feedback yet to the principle draft but
there have been some retweets on twitter [1]. A tweet by John Dupuis
[2] pointed out that the Openbiblio blog was lacking licensing
information.

I now licensed the blog under a CC-BY-license. I believe everyone
agrees on a CC-BY-Llicencse as for other OKFN related content [3]. I
first had doubts to license the whole blog all by myself and thought
about asking permission as there are other people who provided the
main part of the content. But at last I thought in the OKFN context it
is clear that the content is open. I hope nobody has any problems with
this approach.

Adrian

[1] http://bit.ly/aeRRJU+

[2] http://twitter.com/#!/dupuisj/status/27457890149