[open-bibliography] Antw: Re: BL data available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Jonathan Rees jar at creativecommons.org
Thu Oct 14 18:28:52 UTC 2010

"Noncommercial" is hard to define and AFAIK it doesn't have an
established legal definition.  The article linked from the following
page might be useful to someone who wants to dive deeper:

   http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Defining_Noncommercial

In the case of OCLC (and similar nonprofits such as W3C, Crossref, and
CAS) the question is whether the nonprofit is using the work for
financial gain. I can't predict what a court would say.

I don't monitor this list regularly. If in the future you have
Creative Commons related questions you might want to cc: me (so to
speak) or email me directly.

Best
Jonathan