[open-bibliography] CUL dataset release

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Oct 19 04:15:28 UTC 2010

Can someone please provide a description of this dataset? Some idea
of what range of years and subjects? Or how this dataset was collected or conceived?
Of course its nice to see any dataset in PDDL. But it is not much of a service to
release hundreds of thousands of records with no indications of what's in there.

Is it expected that everyone on the list is going to jump in and see if there's anything there
they care about?  I'd like to see a higher standard of dataset description before dataset release
announcments on this list.

Or maybe we need some preliminary stage inviting volunteers to provide dataset descriptions if
dataset providers are unwilling or unable to do so.

many thanks

--Jim
Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860