[open-bibliography] Dataset Metadata

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Oct 20 14:27:12 UTC 2010

  Adrian Pohl writes

> In September they released the datacite metadata kernel - a set of 18
> metadata elements for describing research data sets - and asked for
> review.[8] I haven't had time to take a deeper look at it yet but I
> believe that the different vocabularies for describing data sets
> should be harmonized somehow.

  You should look. I have not looked either because it's not an
  essential concern, but rumour has it that they require a DDC subject
  number and a DOI for every record. Neither of these technologies is
  free. We should resist this.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1