No subject

Fri Sep 10 09:36:58 UTC 2010

    ... Authors should be aware that their submitted manuscript,
    together with reviews, will be made publicly available on the
    under review section...
    ... It is strongly encouraged, that the described ontologies
    are free, open, and accessible on the Web...
    ... It is strongly encouraged, that the described tools or
    systems are free, open, and accessible on the Web...

And authors are of course free to make their papers, tools, etc.,
available elsewhere, indeed encouraged to do so.

But you are correct, the journal itself is a print publication
and we don't have proper public metadata for it. I actually
contacted the editors about this some time ago and they are
planning to make bibliographic metadata available (in RDF) as
I understand it. It's just a question of time and resources.

I hardly think they're evil. They encourage openness but don't
necessarily enforce it. Do you have any suggestions about
alternative journals that might be "more open" for this type of
material?

-w