[open-bibliography] Disambiguation, deduplication and 'ideals'

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 1 02:18:08 UTC 2010

This all sounds right to me in principle.
I cannot judge whether the RDF implementation is best possible, but
something way like this seems like the way to go. My main concern is that
the conceptualization be simple enough that there is not too high an entry barrier
to provision of data in the desired format.
I'd like to hear more about your meshing tool. I've made several
naive starts at this problem in simple cases, especially in aggregating personal
bibliographies (deduplicating bibitems) and in deduplicating lists of authors.
A simple tool and adequate data framework and UI for these tasks would be most welcome.
--Jim

Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860