[open-bibliography] Minutes of the 3rd virtual meeting

Adrian Pohl pohl at hbz-nrw.de
Fri Sep 10 12:18:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've now published the minutes of our last virtual meeting on tuesday.
As we decided to use http://openbiblio.net as our group's blog it's
published there, see
http://openbiblio.net/2010/09/10/minutes-3rd-virtual-meeting-of-the-open-bibliography-group/.

Nonetheless I add the minutes to this mail.

All the best,
Adrian

= Minutes: 3rd Virtual Meeting of the Open Bibliography Group

== Participants

    * Adrian Pohl
    * John Mark Ockerbloom
    * Rufus Pollock
    * Peter Murray-Rust

==  Apologies

    * Micah Altman

== Minutes of former meetings

For the minutes of former meetings see

    * 1st meeting: http://okfnpad.org/Qv1jMMQL1h
    * 2nd meeting: http://okfnpad.org/wTnZOOxiRz

== Agenda

=== Working group blog/website

We decided to use http://openbiblio.net/ as the Working Group’s blog.
In the future we’ll publish minutes and informations about ongoing
activities there.

We also reminded ourselves to use the group’s hashtag (#openbiblio)
more frequently on twitter etc.

=== Flyer

We did some more work on the Open Biliographic Data flyer. It’s now
posted on website and we solicit wider comments.

=== Principles for Open Bibliographic Data

see http://okfnpad.org/openbibliography-principles

We did some more work on this text and decided to not only adress
libraries but also publishers and other institutions producing
bibliographic data. More discussion is encouraged but please move it
into the discussion part at the bottom of the document.

=== Debrief from #jiscopenbib

We had no time left for this. So it will happen on list.

=== Infos from the lld-xg?

Nobody from the lld-xg attended the meeting.

=== Upcoming: Events and projects

John Mark Ockerbloom hopes to promote open data at BooksOnline10 in
Toronto (Oct 26)
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/events/booksonline10/