[open-bibliography] Open Bibliographic Data from the British Library

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 17 07:40:52 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I know there has already been discussion on the list about open
bibliographic from the British Library.

As people are aware the data currently on their website is not open.
However, as I said previously the JISC OpenBib project (of which I,
Peter Murray-Rust and Ben O'Steen are a part) have been in discussion
with them for several months about getting a large set of data that
will be fully open.

I just met again with the BL earlier this week and, fingers crossed,
this data should be becoming available in the next few weeks.

In the mean time, if people have queries for the BL I suggest
directing them through myself or Peter Murray-Rust as we are already
in dialogue with them.

Regards,

Rufus
--