[open-bibliography] New sample of BL data available

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Sep 8 09:56:16 UTC 2010

"Deliot, Corine" wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago, the BL announced that it would make some of its
> datasets available free of charge. The first sample file provided a
> basic RDF/DC representation of our BNB data. We've now produced a more
> granular representation. A sample is available at:
> http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/datasamples.html
>
> This is work in progress and feedback on the data structure is very
> welcome (on this list or direct to me, whatever is best).

Are the free of charge datasets usable by the co-op?

I thought I read they were for non-commercial users only and these
samples only seem to say they're "for research purposes" so I'm not
sure if they are safe for co-operative workers to touch.

Why didn't BL just use CC0 like some others recently?  It would avoid
this mess.

Confused,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha