[open-bibliography] NISO/DCMI Webinar: International Bibliographic Standards, Linked Data, and the Impact on Library Cataloging

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 21:20:52 UTC 2011

Thanks,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM, DCMI Announce <announce at dublincore.net>wrote:

> NISO/DCMI August webinar announcement
>
> ***Please excuse cross-posting***

Maybe we can use this or similar occasions as an opportunity to advertise
Open Bibliography and its principles. These have not yet gone viral and we
need to think about how to do this. Especially if people ar e talking about
linked data - as the speakers are. Perhaps we should simply mail them and
explain OB.

I talked with JonathanG and JasonK today and they suggested we came up with
a 1-page explaining Open Bibliography. I completely agree. Do we have
anything to hand? If not perhaps we can hack something during repofringe?

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics