[open-bibliography] DBLP now with open license

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Dec 9 16:19:36 UTC 2011

Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org> wrote:

> I just posted the good news that the computer science bibliography
> DBLP has adopted an open license (ODC-BY) for its 1.8 million records:
> http://openbiblio.net/2011/12/09/dblp-releases-its-1-8-million-bibliographic-records-as-open-data/
> I already updated the entry on the Data Hub.[1]

Excellent! Mark, we should look at importing some or all of DBLP for BibServer display.
I'm particularly interested in the more mathematical/statistical parts.
We could also look at extracting records related to our technical interests like automated record clustering/deduplication.
Karen and Adrian and I agreed at last openbiblio call that we should try to collect and publish knowledge and experience
related to record clustering/deduplication in a wiki or similar setup. Having a list of technical articles
on the topic would be a good start, and that might be extractable from DBLP.
There is a lot of experience in this domain which is not easily accessible.
Suggestions how to collect and organize that experience for the benefit of openbiblio efforts would be much appreciated.

--Jim