[open-bibliography] Google Refine contributor wanting to help this community

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 03:01:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Mark MacGillivray <mark at odaesa.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree with Tom, now would be a good time !
> >
> > I would happily be the designated BibSoup "Importer" and "Reconciler"
> guru,
> > if Tom and Mark want to hack on the tools and reconciliation code.  And I
> > think Jim liked that idea as well, since he is a bit busy and wanted
> someone
> > devoted to doing this kind of work, like me and Tom. :)
>
> This would be great to have extra people working on, I would greatly
> appreciate it!

This is really exciting and important. We are keen that Open Bibliography
is a community of practice. BibSoup deliberately has not "head" or central
control - anyone can set up instances. Problems are resolved by community
discussion. [Of course it will be useful to have some communal indexes]

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics