[open-bibliography] Seeking open publisher authority file

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at UGent.be
Sat Dec 17 17:32:00 UTC 2011

You could try DOAJ

www.doaj.org<http://www.doaj.org>

It has an OAI-PMH port on

http://www.doaj.org/oai

Patrick

--
Ghent University Library
Rozier 9 - Gent - Belgium

On 17 Dec 2011, at 17:47, "Amanda Stevens" <astevens at k4all.ca<mailto:astevens at k4all.ca>> wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of an authority file of scholarly journal publishers that is available as open data?  Ideally it would focus on journal publishers and be comprehensive, but incomplete files or files with a broader focus would also be useful.  I checked The Data Hub and did not find anything.  OCLC did some work on this<http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/publisherns/default.htm> a couple of years ago, but it doesn't look like anything came of it yet.  We're looking for such an authority file to use in the Knowledge for All open index of scholarly journal articles, but I think it could also be useful for other bibliographic data projects.

Thanks!
Amanda

--
Amanda Stevens