[open-bibliography] New BNB sample data available

Antoine Isaac aisaac at few.vu.nl
Mon Feb 7 17:31:34 UTC 2011

Diane, Jim,

Point taken: I obviously oversimplified the problem! I was really focusing on the fact that BL would declare statements that contradicts the ones at LoC.

Again, I would find very strange that the BL would want to "overrule" a prefLabel (for a given language tag) from LCSH. It ruins the benefits that building and using *controlled* vocabularies bring, wouldn't it? Which is why using URIs in the subjects only really better.
But well, if for some reason BL really wanted to have an English spelling published in their data, it is possible to use another language tag (like, "en-uk"), or even no language tag, since id.loc.gov is using "en" as a default for now. But if one day LoC changes their mind (considering all your arguments on mixed headings and other subtleties, for instance) and remove their language tags, then there could be contradictions arising...

Best,

Antoine