[open-bibliography] Metadata aggregators, discovery tools and libraries

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 23 15:07:57 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM, David FLANDERS <flandda at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:

> https://pims.jisc.ac.uk/projects/view/1390 <-- let me know if you need
> further introductions. /dff
>
> So just to check this is a JISC-funded project which produces material that
(after April) I will not have access to (I am not a library and I do not
have 650 Eur) so it's of no use and another example of a closed system.

It is not clear what they have built and whether the code and system is
Open. I believe that morally and probably contractually it should be. So
that we should be able to get their complete system for free and install it
ourselves.

Is that correct David?

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics