[open-bibliography] Hello!

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Wed Jul 27 22:38:19 UTC 2011

Hello Zile,

sorry that an answer took so long. It is great that you want to become
an active member of the open bibliographic data community. There are
several ways to get more involved, of course it depends on your
interests. I will name some, perhaps some others on the list have more
ideas.

- Promote open data in your own institution and country, publish &
share open data and talk about your experiences and use cases for
opening up data.
- Promote Open Bibliographic Data on your blog, on twitter etc.
- Contribute another translation of the Principles on Open
Bibliographic Data[1] (if you are a fluent of a non-English language
which isn't German or Italian)
- Of course you can endorse the principles if you haven't already done so.
- Kindly ask publishers of bibliographic data about the openness
status of their data using isitopendata.org.[2]
- Create an open bibliographic data logo or t-shirt.
- ...

I suggest you best join the monthly virtual meeting to learn more and
to get to know some people active in this working group. It is held
every first tuesday of a month (next August, 2nd) via skype and
etherpad, currently at 15:00 GMT / 16:00 UK Time / 17:00 CET / 11:00
EST / 08:00 PDT...

All the best
Adrian

[1] http://openbiblio.net/principles/