[open-bibliography] Ex Libris forms expert group on open data in Alma

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Wed Jun 22 10:39:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

Ex Libris has formed an "Expert Advisory Group for Open Data in the
Alma Library Management Service", see http://bit.ly/jfPKDj

Karen, can you provide some more information about this? It doesn't
seem to be focused on legal openness. Also I find this document quite
inconsistent. A phrase like the Alma Community zone being "a catalog
of bibliographic records shared by all libraries that are using the
Alma library management service" does sound more like an exclusive
club than an open database to me. Alongside Karen's quote this is a
bit strange.

Best
Adrian