[open-bibliography] FW: Reflections from Dan re: reception and message of RDF

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed Mar 2 15:09:37 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Baker <tbaker at tbaker.de> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:19:52 -0500
From: Thomas Baker <tbaker at tbaker.de>
Subject: Reflections from Dan re: reception and message of RDF
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld at w3.org>

Dear all,

In our report, we should consider Dan's eloquent
reflections on the reception of RDF (below).

For example: "If you're used to XML or SQL schema structures,
the schema designer is typically (not necessarily) in a much
more authoritative role. With RDFS we stripped a lot of power
away from schema designers: they can't tell you what to do
any more! There's no "a shipping order *must* have an address"
mechanism in RDFS/OWL"...

Tom

--
Thomas Baker <tbaker at tbaker.de>