[open-bibliography] 'Opening Data-Opening Doors' Conference moves to a bigger venue - more places available

Owen Stephens owen at ostephens.com
Wed Mar 23 12:29:50 UTC 2011

Due to demand, this conference has now moved to a larger venue and more tickets have now been released ... so if you missed out the first time, why not sign up now :)

How can we gain bigger audiences for our scholarly and cultural resources and enhance services for researchers, teachers and learners?

The 'Opening Data - Opening Doors' event on Monday 18th April marks the starting point of a new programme of activity led by the JISC and RLUK Resource Discovery Taskforce to help answer this question.  The RDTF programme, involving national stakeholders across the spectrum of Libraries, Archives and Museums, is focused on building critical mass through opening up data, exploring and demonstrating what open data makes possible, and actively sharing learning points with the wider community.

Chaired by Professor David Baker, Deputy Chair of the JISC Board, on behalf of the JISC and RLUK Resource Discovery Task Force, the 'Opening Data - Opening Doors' event will:

*         Hear from services that are opening up their data including what's happening in the new RDTF projects that have just been commissioned

*         Help to shape the messages, advice and support offered during the 2011 programme and beyond

*         Help to develop practical and engaging approaches to exploiting our data

Confirmed speakers are from King's College London, National Maritime Museum, RLUK, The National Archives, UKOLN and University of Cambridge.

Due to demand for extra tickets, we have moved the conference location, still in central Manchester close to Piccadilly station.

New Venue: Mint Hotel Manchester, 1 Auburn Street, 1 Piccadilly Place, Manchester, M1 3DG

Date: Monday 18th April 2011, 10.00am to 4.00pm

Who should attend? Managers, practitioners, developers and advocates from libraries, archives, museums, associated publishers and interested organisations who want early involvement in clarifying, expanding and challenging the realities of exposing, sharing and exploiting the resource description data held by our institutions.

Register at: http://rdtf-opening-doors.eventbrite.com/

There is already a lot happening.  To find out more download a copy of the first RDTF newsletter at:http://rdtf.mimas.ac.uk/newsletter/rdtfnewsletter01-march2011.pdf

For more information on the JISC and RLUK Resource Discovery Taskforce, visit: http://rdtf.mimas.ac.uk