[open-bibliography] Examples of open bibliographic data

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 3 11:27:28 UTC 2011

I went to the OBD meeting earlier this year and AFAIK the examples weren't
present then. Their addition is useful

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Owen Stephens <owen at ostephens.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Jonathan for posting this, and Jim for the discussion.
>
> The list at http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/examples points to CKAN as the list in
> itself isn't meant to be exhaustive, but as a way for people exploring the
> use cases around which the guide is based to see real world examples of open
> data release.

My understanding of ODB is that it created resource for managers to decide
when and where Open Bibliography mattered to them. A prospectus or
whitepaper, fixed in time. So the examples are simply examples, though
useful.

My personal interpretation was that OBD was aimed mainly at managers and
will have whatever force JISC documents have on managers (I have no idea how
widely this sort of thing is used). Owen - please correct.

Hopefully it will bring our OB activities to the notice of those managers.

But we have to continue the struggle to liberate bibliographic data.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics