[open-bibliography] Introducing Knowledge for All

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Tue Oct 25 15:32:21 UTC 2011

  Mark Leggott writes

> The idea of a "repository for biblio datasets" is part of the K4All
> plan. We will be posting more detail on the technical architecture
> shortly,

  In the meantime, since the server sponsored by OKFN is
  full, and I have never been able to reach anybody responsible
  for it, could you provide a server for the data that I already
  have?

> but the goal is to have a rich internal XML schema for
> metadata that can be mapped to other schemas/formats, similar to what
> you are suggesting below.

  You mean what Jim suggested.

> The data will be stored in the Fedora repository framework, which
> provides a great deal of flexibility in how you get the data in and
> out.

  Bulk downloads via rsync would be sufficient.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel