[open-bibliography] Fwd: [LODLAM] Get Yourself a Linked Data Piece of WorldCat to Play With

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Fri Aug 17 23:11:36 UTC 2012

Peter, it is a small number, but the fact that it is the top 1.2 million
in terms of library holdings is significant. Think of this as the set of
the most popular items from WorldCat -- so as a set for experimentation,
most libraries will find something in their collection that can link to
this dataset. (It consists of all items held by >=250 libraries).

OCLC's statistics show about 185 million book records -- but there will
be some duplication in that.

kc